Monday, 30 September 2013

Lacy Stripes


I feel like I haven't stopped for days. I caught the 7:30am (yes!am!) bus to London to see my sister and my new gorgeous nephew Jonathan! Visiting hours weren't until 3pm so my mum, little sister and I browsed the shops and squealed over baby clothes! We left Dad on a bench somewhere and he chatted away to anyone who sat down next to him! It was a long long weekend but so worth it just to hold my little bundle of joy! He was squidgy and gorgeous. I did also get a slap up dinner at Ask where I stuffed my face with calzone and profiteroles, whilst saying "Don't tell the bloke that I'm eating pizza!" 

Jumper: New Look
Skirt: Primark
Scarf:
Boots: Dorothy Perkins
Necklace: Dorothy Perkins
Earrings: Accessorize


I suppose I should probably spend a little time talking about my outfit and fashion rather than just rabbiting on about my nephew and food! With this outfit, I wanted to play around with the vertical stripes of the lacy top with the horizontal ones with the skirt. It's a playful take on the nautical nature of the skirt by really amping up the cream girliness of the top.


This outfit is perfect for the current weather of muggy clouds mixed in with cooler showers. The scarf can be thrown on to warm up but the lacy top still reminds me that summer wasn't too long ago! It's the kind of outfit that is ideal for transitioning from Summer to Autumn as it is really a summer outfit with a pair of tights and scarf thrown on! 


For jewellery, I opted for my white necklace, which 
emphasises the overall whiteness of the outfit. The pearls keep on with this theme.


You didn't think you'd get away with not seeing my gorgeous boy stylishly wearing his scratch mitts! There are two very proud aunts, I could barely take my eyes of him and Auntie Liz couldn't wipe the grin off her face! Grandma even shed a tear!





No comments:

Post a Comment