Tuesday, 15 October 2013

The Joy of Peplum


As some of you might be aware, I recently got put on some new meds, which are working out great and have none of the nasty side-effects (nausea) of the last lot. Instead of not being able to eat, I'm suddenly blessed with this huge, insatiable appetite! But as lovely as being healthy is, I have been struggling with those extra pounds that are starting to appear on my midriff. But then I met the peplum! This trend is the best thing since sliced bread. It is tight enough at the top that it emphasises all those gorgeous curves that cake gives you but then flares out to hide those other lumps and bumps. So, you heard it here, grab yourself a peplum and embrace your curves!

Top: New Look
Cardigan: Primark (current)
Skirt: Topshop
Shoes: Primark (current)
Necklace: New Look


I love this whole outfit, which is a good job seeing as I was the one wearing it. But I loved how classy I felt in with the stripes, Chanel style cardigan and lacy skirt.  The way I planned it was that I wanted to wear my lacy skirt and was thinking about what tops I had in minds eye and then it was bam! stripy peplum and then bam! that would go great with my gorgeous pearl necklace. Then I rifled through my cardigans to see which suited the outfit. Fashion is so instinctive. The biggest part of choosing an outfit is colour. Which colours go and is there a common colour theme that can run through out the outfit. Then it's just about trying things out and trusting your gut!





No comments:

Post a Comment