Wednesday, 9 October 2013

Winter Berry


The dark days are drawing in and the rain is definitely aplenty in Bristol so it's time to embrace those Autumn/Winter staples like the classic colour of burgundy. It's always fashionable and there's something about the colour of blackberries and mulled wine that just says Autumn to me. It reminds me of all the great things about the colder months: cosy nights in, reading under the duvets, gorgeous Winter clothes, the food and, of course, mulled wine and blackberries!

Jumper: Primark
Skirt: Primark
Pumps: Primark
Necklace: New Look
Earrings: New Look
Scarf: New Look


I was told by one of our service users that my skirt was much too short! To which, I replied that it was one of my longer ones! That said, skater skirts have remained a firm favourite on the high street in a variety of textures, fabrics, colours and patterns. They are flattering on everyone and look so adorable on. They are versatile as they can be dressed up for a night on the tiles or be worn for everyday wear. They go with boots and pumps. Basically, they're the love of my life!


I picked this gorgeous gold necklace with its aztec pattern to accessorize with. It's a great way to still embrace the aztec trend in weather that is less than aztec inspiring! It's a beaten gold, which give an antiquey feel to the piece. 

To brave the elements, I wore my trusty leather jacket with my lovely white scarf. One of my loves this season is how white, nudes and blush pink have been carried on into the Autumn wear. Usually, these beautiful shades beat a hasty retreat come September and October but this year, they will continue to grace our shops and wardrobes. And there's something so logically beautiful about white and winter that I'm shocked that I've never done it before. When I think of Winter, I think ice, snow and seeing my breath, which are all white things. There are some great white pieces in the shops from knits and scarves to some gorgeous lacy items.






No comments:

Post a Comment