Tuesday, 7 January 2014

A Very Merry Christmas


Christmas seems so long ago now that it is gloomy January and I'm re-chained to my desk for the final push on my thesis. Only 5 months (ish) to go. I spent last Christmas with the bloke's family in Montana and had a wonderful time. It was a totally different experience to the usual Rhodes affair where you're allowed to wear your pjs & eat cake for breakfast! Back in Yorkshire, it's croissants & pain au chocolat for breakfast and the Christmas outfit is thought out weeks (sometimes months!) in advance. I have a memory of coming back laden with shopping bags from York and being told not to tell Daddy how much we'd spent on Christmas outfits! 

This Christmas was made extra special because I got to share my nephew's very first Christmas with him, which was such a joy! I'm biased but he really is the most gorgeous baby in the world! He looked very snazzy in his Christmas jumper. He also discovered that Auntie Em makes a very comfortable napping place so I got to enjoy lots of cuddles!

As a post-Christmas treat, I have not one outfit but two to share to today from Christmas Eve and Christmas Day!

On the train home to Yorkshire. 



Could he be any cuter?
As Myrtle says in my favourite TV programme, American Horror Story: Coven, "I'm just mad for tartan." And I am, I truly adore it. This midi-skirt is so comfy and is perfect for anyone who is tall and finds the endless tugging of mini-skirts a bit of a drag! I love the colours in this skirt and teamed it with this lovely Cath Kidston jumper.

Coat: Zara
Jumper: Cath Kidston
Shirt: Joules
Skirt: ASOS
Boots: Franco Sarto
Earrings: Accessorize


Say hello to my big sister and her gorgeous son modelling the latest in reindeer fashion. I spotted this stunning Fat Face jumper earlier in the year and held back from buying it because I knew my sister would be sure to buy it. I love the mix of nordic print with the reindeer intarsia.

Two style gurus relaxing together!

My lovely Mum opening her presents. Cardigan & Dress: White Stuff 

I promise I did like all my presents really!

If ever an outfit said Christmas to me, this was the one! From reindeer prints to satin bows, I felt amazingly festive in this outfit.

Cardigan: Primark
Blouse: Joules (sold out but they still have a top in this print)
Skirt: Chicwish
Pearls: Vintage
Earrings: Accessorize








No comments:

Post a Comment