Wednesday, 29 January 2014

Gingham Desires


A couple of weeks ago, a few of my girlies and I went down to Las Iguanas to take advantage of their cocktail and tapas deals. These lovely girls are a collection of students that I've had the privilege to meet in the (too) many years that I have a Senior Resident. I have found so much joy in getting to know them and feel honoured in the ways they have let me share in their lives. As an extra treat, I've included two of these lovelies in today's blog post.

For the occasion, I wore one of my favourite dresses, which smooths over my lumps and bumps whilst still making me feel remarkably feminine. I love the gingham print of this dress and I matched it with gingham hair bows and pearl jewellery. To glam it up, I wore my fur jacket, which is super cosy! I chose my knitting bag to really emphasise the vintage feel of the outfit. My Mum & I made the bag together. I did the cross-stitch pattern (from the Cath Kidston "Stitch" book) and my Mum put it all together on her sewing machine. I use the bag to carry my cross-stitch projects around but sometimes, I like to use it as my handbag because I love the pattern so much!











I snapped these up in the Primark sale for £8!

Who could resist not just one Cana Royale but two?!


Jacket: Sheinside
Dress: Joules
Shoes: Primark
Necklace: Accessorize
Earrings: Barcelona
Bracelet: Accessorize
Bag: Handmade

No comments:

Post a Comment